Re: pg_restore error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pascal bérest
Subject Re: pg_restore error
Date
List pgsql-general
>Are you sure the synd_article table and cable_id_cable_seq sequence aren't
>already in the database?

yes, there are existing.

>Presumably your dump file contains the create statements for these two
>objects and so the pg_restore is trying to create them.
>
>How did you create the dump file? The -a switch will allow you to dump only
>the data if that's what you need. Looks like you may be dumping the schema
>as well

I tried with the -a option, and it was quite the same.
I just tried to delete the synd_article_pkey  then restore the table
synd_article, but it didn't recreate the keys as they were. and i
don't know how to do that (as i am using mysql for my other projects
and that it seams to be more simple).

thanks,
pascal.

--